Mister Family.com ... keeping Northeast PA "family friendly.": A little preachy

Mister Family.com ... keeping Northeast PA "family friendly."

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A little preachy

It's almost Easter, so please allow me to get a little "preachy." I realize that some people don't appreciate that, so if Bible references offend you, please look away from this post.

Many people believe that since it is permissible to open a sexually oriented business in certain areas that it therefore makes it OK to do so. I would contend that there are many things we are permitted to do that aren't beneficial.

I am permitted to eat a steady diet of M&M's and nothing else. I enjoy M&M's and there's no law against me eating them. Therefore, according to the logic of some, it would be perfectly fine for me to only eat M&M's because I wouldn't be breaking any laws. The truth of the matter is this.....if I actually did that I would be harming my body and robbing myself of the nutrition that I need. It is permissible for me to eat M&M's, but it isn't beneficial.

I am permitted to never wash my hands. There is no law (outside of the food-service industry) that states that I must. Still, if I never wash my hands, I'm making myself susceptible to viruses, bacteria and disease that can invade my body and potentially make me sick.

I agree that it is technically permissible to open a strip club in Wilkes-Barre Township, but I would challenge anyone to tell me how this truly benefits our community. Women are encouraged to bare their nakedness for money (which I would contend is a form of prostitution that leads to additional forms of prostitution), men are encouraged to share in this form of extra-marital sexual activity (99% of the time without the knowledge of their wives), business and residential property values decrease, additional crime comes to our already crime-filled streets, etc., etc., etc.

The Bible speaks to this issue much better than I do. Please contemplate these verses then send your words of hope or hate to: stopgclub10@gmail.com. Please understand that I'm not including this quote to "judge" anyone. I am including these words in the hopes that we will begin understanding that there is a spiritual component to our actions, choices, behaviors and thoughts.

1 Corinthians 6:12-20
"Everything is permissible for me" but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me" but I will not be mastered by anything. "Food for the stomach and the stomach for food" but God will destroy them both. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh."But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

Praying the best for you all during this Easter season (whether we agree or not),
Mr. Family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home